1) Today I will be recording day 18 of my podcast. Honestly, I thought I would not even make it this far. But I have. I learned to use Audacity - the audio editing software you can download for free. How to record, add intro and outro (I learned there's such a thing as an outro), background music, edit the sound levels, edit my recording, and to be more natural (slowly) as a record.
2) I finally saw Loving Vincent; and I cried. It's a beautifully done movie, with animated artwork by over 100 artists. Well worth seeing.
3) Also check out The Bread-Winner. I'm in two minds sometimes when I watch a Hollywood movie about any non-American culture; still I enjoyed this one, too. BTW, a wonderful find is this website where you can watch movies free.
4) I've been painting nudes every morning for a while, too. Some think it's no big deal, some in this region of the world say I'm gutsy and daring, and some are asking me what's the "lesson" or "point" of drawing nudes. I'm trying to break the taboo, our bodies are all we've got - even if we believe in souls, hearts, minds as having a separate identity - they all live inside this body for now. A person's body should not be shamed or abused. Plus, I'm learning and getting better at drawing figures. Check them out on my Insta page @Ghajaria.
5) I'm learning that I can be creative and free even within the parameters of some routine and consistency. Check out Twyla Tharp's book as an audio or on Amazon. It's one of my go-to books for creativity.
That's it for this week. My new objective to be able to share with you five interesting things I've learned, discovered or found over each week. Let me know what you think, and share your own aha moments and discoveries in the comments below.
Hello, I'm Fadwa Al Qasem, a refugee by inheritance, a woman with a restless soul and a gypsy’s spirit. As an avid art journaler, artist, and author, I believe that courageous self-expression is our ultimate source of power and freedom, and I am devoted to unfocusedness!